Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Male Men

I have to commend anyone who manages to make a men's line without going over the top. I never had an easy time designing for guys, you know? At least not for ready to wear things. Think about it, guys with puff sleeves or ruffles anywhere on their clothes would probably not make a pretty sight when walking down the street.

Fortunately enough, every year there are designers and labels out there that have enough creative juice to come up with tasteful men's lines. Take Gucci, for example.


Okay, so I'm not a huge fan of white pants on men, but on the right guys it looks hot. On this guy it looks hot. Haha. Must be the straight dark, long locks that make it work.

Being the Fall-Winter collection, it goes without saying that the collection will feature a few or so coats.


I have a thing for double-breasted things so these two quickly climbed to the top of my favourite list. Especially the one to the right. And oh look! These two are wearing white pants too!

The others that caught my eye in this line caught my eye for entirely different reasons.
Let's take a look at the first one and let's see if you get why:


And there it is: the leopard print jacket. For men.

I don't like animal prints in particular because growing up, my sisters and I had this joke about how our aunt thought that animal prints meant "love" (You have to imagine saying that word in a low jazzy voice). And now I see "love". All over a guy. No thank you.

Although I'll give the guy some credit and say that he could be cute. If he lost the jacket and reached for the nearest cheese burger. Is it just me or are male models beginning to become just as skinny as female size zero models?

Anyway, back to the rest of line:

This coat looks like a lengthened leather jacket. Sort of tough, but sort of smart. Looks like something a rebellious but brilliant guy would wear to university. While he drives around in his black convertible. And wears black-tinted aviators.

Ho Hum. Imagination's running wild.


All images are found on www.gucci.com

No comments:

Post a Comment